In order to run Slido during your event, a stable internet connection is required.
- We recommend a speed of 5 to 10 mbits/s per 100 participants
- For large venues, multiple access points can be essential to make sure people are connected all the time
- Remember to learn more about the internet provider at the venue & ask for references.
Connecting up Slido devices & Backups
The Wi-Fi connection at the venue is sufficient for most cases. We provide a few more PRO tips as your backup.
- We always recommend a LAN cable plugged into the presenter laptop.
- In case the venue provides only Wi-Fi connection, ask for a dedicated network for all Slido devices.
- Lastly, carry a smartphone with an active 3G or LTE data plan to quickly set up a Wi-Fi hotspot as a backup.
Testing before the showtime
We recommend three simple checks before the show starts.
- Send a few questions and votes to Slido to test if the experience is fast and everything runs smoothly.
- Optionally use a speedtest website to verify the connection speed and check the 3G or LTE coverage.
- Continuously check if all Slido devices are connected to the network.